So the designed purpose of the machine is unwinding the material from coil and embosser or rewind it, eventually after a longitudinal cut.
The workable material range comprised paper, plastic material, aluminium of the follow types:
- PAPER (from 50 to 250 gsm)
• Tissue paper, Coupled (paper and cardboard), For shopper (paper bags), Gift, Filigreed, For offset printing, For package (for pastry shops, dry-cleaner, etc.), Siliconed
- PLASTIC MATERIAL (from 25 to 200 µ)
• Polyethylene, P.V.C., Polypropylene (metallised and not), Polyester, Celluloid
- ALUMINIUM (from 50 to 200 gsm)
The machine makes in a totally automated mode the follow manufactures:
- unwind of the material to be cut from the supply coil;
- embossing of the material or alternatively its rewinding, after its eventually longitudinal cutting;
- rewinding of the worked coil.
The maximum width that the supply coil can have depends from the machine model, and the usual range is from 1000 mm to a maximum of 1700 mm. The performances in terms of maximum running speed are 100 metres per minute.
The machine is designed for a totally automatic use: setting the diameter of the coil core to be rewind , the machine automatically unwinds the supply coil, make the embossing and/or the longitudinal cut and rewind the worked material.
All the diagnostic indications about the machine state, the available regulations on it, etc. are visualized on the proper panel mounted on the electrical box.
The bringing coil shaft is inserted in the coil core (75 mm diameter standard). The shaft is of auto centred and pneumatic expansion type. It is carried on the proper coil unwinder supports.
The coil + shaft system lifting, to put it on the unwinder supports, musts to be executed using a proper lifter (excluded from the furniture). On request is available however an unwinder with hydraulic lift.
The coil bringing is completed by a brake realized in wood with manual command that, acting on the shaft, permits to regulate the unwinding coil tension. On request it’s possible an automatic system for the continuous control of the braking percentage, realized by mean a magnetic powder system, for which it’s mandatory to use special supports, designed to carry an expansion shaft with squared extremities.
A proper chuck system provided of manual wheel, placed on the command side of the unwinder, permits the shaft translation for the coil centring in respect to the material introduction section of the machine.
The embossing section is the central part of the machine: it manages the material supply to the embosser cylinders couple (engraver cylinder and wool paper one) or, by mean an appropriate pulling cylinder, directly to the coiler, by-passing the embosser. It’s mainly composed by:
- a series of idle rolls, to guide the working material;
- a couple of cylinders, one motorized and the another gummed, to permit the material development, when the embosser is excluded;
- a couple of cylinders, one realised in steel and containing the pattern that engrave the material, and the another one in wool paper to avoid defects on film. These are managed by the same motor at previous point;
- a completely automated system, composed by a second series of idle rolls (for material guiding) and a dandy roll for the material load control. It acts on embosser cylinders rotation speed, to always have the material well stretched.
The working material, guided by idle rolls, is unwound from the coil and inserted between steel + wool paper cylinders or between motorized + gummed ones, depending on the machine use.
The engraved cylinder can be lift or lowered to make an embossing more or less marked. This operation can be manual (by wheels and gravitational indicators) or motorized (with indicators on machine command panel).
The main AC motors of the machine are equipped by a servo-ventilation system and a feedback encoder. Their speed management is supervised by inverters, and it can be changed directly from control panel mounted on the electrical cabinet. This vary also the machine running speed, shown on panel in meters per minute.
The inverters internally have also a braking circuits system, to permit a quicker and more efficient machine stop in emergency cases.
The embossed motor, by mean toothed belts, moves:
- the embosser and the wool paper cylinders system;
- the pulling cylinders couple, when the embosser isn’t used.
The rewinding motor, by means a gear system and toothed belts, moves the rewinding cylinder. Its speed, compared with the embosser cylinder one, guarantees the correct load on material, so the best rewinding possible.
The embosser motor is also managed by the dandy roll: its position gives a feedback to automation system, so an acceleration or a deceleration of the embosser cylinder.
Rewinding section act the rewinding of material, whether it’s embossed or not, eventually in conjunction with the longitudinal cut. Last object permits the creation of more parallel coils, also with different width for the customer’s needed.
Mainly it’s composed by:
- a series of cylinders that correctly guide the material;
- a dandy roll to find the correct load on the material;
- (eventual) one or more circular knives for longitudinal cutting system;
- a rewinding system.
The late is composed by a motorized cylinder, whose movement is managed in concert with the pulling/embosser one. Its speed is managed from the control panel, but adjusted from the dandy roll. In fact it moves itself if differences in material load are present (from the set value), this produces voltage variations, which in turn modifies the rewinding speed.
All motors movements can happen also by manual jog button pressure. This opportunity is useful during the setup phase, to help the operator in material passing between rolls.
To avoid, or at least reduce, the risks of injuries during the machine use, it’s fitted:
• safety aprons, onboard the machine, to prevent everyone the accidentally access of dangerous parts;
• mushroom emergency buttons for machine stopping.
Safety aprons are summarized in three categories:
- Fixed safety-guards (called carters): these are fitted to protect parts whose access is needed only during maintenance activities. They are fixed with systems which require the use of specific tools to remove them.
- Mobile safety-guards (called barriers): these are fitted to protect the frequently accessed areas and are made so that they can be easily opened. These barriers generally consist of “Lexan” type polycarbonate panels, when the operator needs to completely see the undergoing working process. They are hinged on one side to ease their opening.
A series of limit switches, interconnected in series in a safety circuit, check the closing condition of each mobile safety-guard. The activation of one of these causes the opening of the safety circuit, which automatically stops every moving part of the machine.
3. Red emergency buttons. The activation of these buttons causes the emergency stop of the machine.
These are located:
- On the side heads of the front safety-guard (nr.2)
- On the machine’s general control panel (nr.1)
- On the top edge of the machine, on the control panel side, cut sheet stacking area (nr.1).
To perform an emergency stop, press one of the above-mentioned buttons. The button activates a safety circuit which disables all the machine’s movements.